“One must empty himself/herself through acts of humility and make space for God to be not only Savior, but Lord in every aspect of one’s life. It is a recognition that one does not belong to him or herself anymore. Mind, body, soul and spirit now must submit to a new master.” I pray that this quote will manifest the desire to read this post entirely. Consecration is an experience WORTH realizing. This is why we sing, “I Surrender All.” Thank you Lord!
Consecration “The world has yet to see what God can do with a man or woman, who is totally dedicated to Him.”
What is Consecration?
The word first and foremost means to “be set apart.” It is the act of separating from a common to a sacred use, or of devoting and dedicating a person or thing to the service and worship of God. The Hebrew words kadosh and Greek hagiazo are translated by several different English words: holy, consecrate, hallow, sanctify, dedicate.
In the Old Testament God is said to be kadosh or “holy.” The Hebrew word originally meant “to be separate.” The Holy One of Israel is separate because He is God. “I am God, and not man; the Holy One in your midst” ( Hosea 11:9 ). Hosea pointed to both the otherness or separateness of God and His nearness. The holiness of God came to mean all that God…
View original post 419 more words
I John 4:16-19NASB
16. We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17. By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment ; because as He is, so also are we in this world.18. There is no fear in love ; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19. We love, because He first loved us.
- Your Flaws are Perfect! (lilianllanos.com)
- Divine Love and the Search for Truth (icanhearvoicesinmyhead.wordpress.com)
- Love and Peace (phenum01.com)
- Your Heart (myjoyinfaith.wordpress.com)
- Trusting With All Your Heart (iamchampionaire.wordpress.com)
- Perfect Love (tinafriesenblog.wordpress.com)
- Glorify God by Love (ourfathershavetoldus.wordpress.com)
- Only God Changes Hearts (lauraleaharriott.wordpress.com)
Today on Conqueror Talk we will keep the conversation going as the content of this post navigates the language of our discussion. Join us as we discuss the experiences of divorce, separation and the ongoing battle to love our wife as Christ loves the church. Ladies you will appreciate this Conqueror Talk session also as we deal with the many layers of love that we as men encounter in our relationships. Love is the principle of the month of August. Get in on the conversation with us at http://www.live365.com/stations/gospelbody?play=1
Stay in the race!
Romans 8:15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”(NASB)
I have a friend who I met a few years ago. It was at a time when I was devastated by the effects of separation from my wife and kids which ultimately led to divorce and continual estrangement from my children. During the first year of our friendship he would listen to me as I became willing to share my pain, misery, heartache and despair that plagued me daily. He too knew the suffering associated with a life dream of marriage bliss becoming a nightmare of perpetual horror disguised as divorce.
He listened.(Thank you Lord for giving me a friend who understood and listened!) He offered very little verbiage to the phone conversations at first. As I began to hear the words that were describing my issues, he would then share his…
View original post 755 more words